Sunday, August 1, 2010

My path to craft

How did it all start - this hobby gone mad?  Well it all started after the birth of our gorgeous daughter, Miss 5.  I searched everywhere for some "not too babyish" wall art to decorate her room.  One day I stumbled upon a TV show called "Embellish This" hosted by a very talented artist and designer, Dena Fishbein.  Dena's motto is "Embellish your Life" and boy does she ever - check out her lovely blog when you get the chance!  Well she certainly inspired me - off I went to get myself a hot glue gun, ribbons, rhinestones, glitter glue and lots of other fun bits and pieces.  I then proceeded to embellish some fantastic fabric within an inch of it's life - here's the result - not too babyish and a little bit funky - well I think so anyway!


Thankfully a few other people thought so too - I've actually sold a few of these long legged crazy haired girls at local markets!  It's funny how things turn out - what started as my handmade effort to decorate Miss 5's room has blossomed into a lovely hobby and now it's an opportunity to possibly earn a little bit of money whilst being a stay at home mum.

How did you find your craft path?  I'd love to hear your story!

I find it encouraging not to mention inspiring to hear how other people manage to combine their love of craft with their love of family - how do you do it?  Any tips gratefully received as it's always a juggle isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment