Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Craft Blogs - they're everywhere!

Craft Blogs - they're everywhere - everyone seems to have one!

What makes mine any different to all the rest? Well I'm not sure yet - the only thing I can say for sure is that it'll be mine - it's made by Jenine. I'd just like it to be a reflection of me and the things that bring happiness to my life.

Like so many of us out there, I love to make things with beautiful paper, fabric, ribbon, trims and embellishments. At the moment I'm concentrating on vintage inspired gifts and party accessories but I'm always thinking of new ideas and wishing I had more time to devote to making them come to life.

Since the birth of my second child, a gorgeous daughter (Miss 5) I've been selling my creations at local markets and I recently opened my own Etsy shop. It's still early days - but it's a lovely feeling to pursue this "hobby gone mad" - it's given me something special for myself in amongst the crazy chaos of family life.

I'm constantly amazed by all the wonderfully talented people on sites like Etsy and Madeit and I've lost count of the hours I've spent discovering sites and drooling over the gorgeous items that others have made - it's truly inspiring.

So my aim for this blog is to create my own little corner in the craft world - to celebrate the creativeness of others and to share the many treasures I know I will find along the way.

And who knows - maybe some other chaos juggling crafters might read it!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! A great start with your first blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Jenine! Looking forward to following your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete